Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here… the “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, which can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show, however, is a compilation of some of the best topics covered on the daily show over the past week.
Part 1: UFC Vegas 23 Recap
- Impa Kasanganay bounces back.
- Da Un Jung dominates.
- Luis Saldaña and Jordan Griffin put on a good fight with a somewhat controversial ending.
- Welcome back to the UFC Jarjis Danho.
- Jack Shore and Hunter Azure put on an enjoyable scrap.
- John Makdessi has one of his best performances in the UFC.
- Mateusz Gamrot gets a great finish.
- Joe Solecki and Jim Miller disappoint.
- Daniel Rodriguez messes up Mike Perry’s nose.
- Julian Marquez shows skill and personality.
- Mackenzie Dern gets better every fight.
- Arnold Allen vs Sodiq Yusuff was a nice piece of matchmaking.
- Marvin Vettori did what he needed to do, Kevin Holland did not.
Part 2: MMA Happenings
- What’s a UFC title worth in sponsorship dollars? Probably not close to the $600 million Hideki Matsuyama could get from winning the Masters.
- Texas is doing a decent job when it comes to COVID-19, Florida is not.
- UFC 261 and UFC 262 outlook.
- Hear me out – UFC should release Mike Perry for his safety and health.
- Conor McGregor shafts Dustin Poirier’s charity.
- Colby Covington names himself backup for UFC 261 bout between Kamaru Usman and Jorge Masvidal. The UFC? It has not named Covington as a back up.
- Michael Chiesa sides with Dana White when it comes to Jon Jones and that’s a bad look for Chiesa.
If you enjoy our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & NOW AMAZON MUSIC! – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.