We go 20 deep from five separate regions of the nation in our final Top 20 Regional Rankings. We rank 100 teams and nobody across the country ranks as many teams as Ballislife.com. This season, our five regions will be released separately as COVID-19 is still affecting when teams finish up around the country. We’ll begin with the Southeast Region, which produced FAB 50 No. 1 Montverde Academy. Up next is the Midwest Region. Teams can still move up or down in the FAB 50, but the regional placement is final for 2020-21.
Final 2020-21 FAB 50
(Preseason ranking in parentheses)
By Ronnie Flores
RELATED: Final East Top 20 | Final Midwest Top 20 | Final Southwest Top 20 | Final West Top 20 | Latest FAB 50 Rankings | Final 2020-21 FAB 50 Rankings (Late June)
SOUTHEAST Region Top 20
(Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee)
1. (1) Montverde Academy (Montverde, Fla.) 24-1
2. (2) IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) 22-3
3. (6) Milton (Milton, Ga.) 28-3
4. (13) Orlando Christian Prep (Orlando, Fla.) 28-0
5. (9) Houston (Germantown, Tenn.) 21-3**
6. (8) Combine Academy (Lincolnton, N.C.) 26-3
7. (NR) Millbrook (Raleigh, N.C.) 19-0
8. (NR) Victory Rock Prep (Bradenton, Fla.) 27-6
9. (NR) Clinton (Clinton, Miss.) 21-1
10. (NR) Central Pointe Christian (Kissimmee, Fla.) 31-7
11. (NR) Berkmar (Lilburn, Ga.) 26-6
12. (7) Pace Academy (Atlanta, Ga.) 28-2
13. (NR) Dr. Phillips (Orlando, Fla.) 24-3
14. (17) Calvary Christian Academy (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) 17-7
15. (NR) Wheeler (Marietta, Ga.) 27-5
16. (NR) St. Thomas More (Lafayette, La.) 32-4
17. (NR) Ardrey Kell (Charlotte, N.C.) 10-1
18. (NR) Starkville (Starkville, Miss.) 21-3
19. (NR) Montgomery Bell Academy (Nashville, Tenn.) 16-2**
20. (NR) Lee (Huntsville, Ala.) 13-1
*Indicates forfeit wins/losses not included.
**Indicates default wins/losses not included.
***Indicates results vs. out-of-season opponents not included.
Note: The FAB 50 powered by Ballislife.com is a continuation of the National Sports News Service ratings that began in 1952. These were the first national high school rankings and the late Art Johlfs of Minnesota compiled them. They were compiled for many years by the late Barry Sollenberger of Phoenix, who merged them into the FAB 50 21 years ago.
Ronnie Flores is the national Grassroots editor of Ballislife.com. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to follow him on Twitter: @RonMFlores