VS. AVNI YILDIRIM
THE MEXICAN STAR DEFENDS HIS TITLES AGAINST HIS MANDATORY CHALLENGER ON SATURDAY IN MIAMI
- When: Saturday, Feb. 27
- Begin time: 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT (foremost occasion later in present)
- The place: Exhausting Rock Stadium, Miami
- The way to watch: DAZN (obtain app) and pay-per-view
- Value: DAZN is $19.99 per thirty days or $99 yearly. PPV is $49.99 in U.S. Consists of DAZN subscription via the tip of April 2021 with buy.
- Division: Tremendous middleweight (168 kilos)
- Rounds: 12
- At stake: Alvarez’s WBA and WBC titles
- Odds: Alvarez 21-1 (BetMGM)
CANELO ALVAREZ BIO
- Document: 54-1-2, 36 KOs
- Present titles: WBA and WBC tremendous middleweight
- Different titles: WBC junior middleweight (2011-13), WBC middleweight (2015-16), WBO junior middleweight (2016-17), WBA and WBC middleweight (2018-20), IBF middleweight (2019), WBO mild heavyweight (2019-20), WBA and WBC tremendous middleweight (2020-present)
- Dwelling nation: Mexico (Guadalajara)
- Age: 30
- Professional debut: 2005
- Professional rounds: 414
- Peak: 5 ft, 8 inches (173 cm)
- Attain: 70½ inches (179 cm)
- Stance: Orthodox
- Coach: Eddy Reynoso
AVNI YILDIRIM BIO
- Document: 21-2 (12 KOs)
- Present titles: None
- Different titles: None
- Dwelling nation: Turkey (Istanbul)
- Age: 29
- Professional debut: 2014
- Professional rounds: 132
- Peak: 5 ft, 11½ inch (182 cm)
- Attain: 70 inches (178 cm)
- Stance: Orthodox
- Coach: Ahmet Oner
WHY YOU SHOULD WATCH
Canelo Alvarez is combating. Is there a greater purpose? The Mexican star is 30. Who is aware of what number of extra top quality performances are left in him, though he exhibits no indicators of slowing down Plus, this struggle units up what could possibly be back-to-back title-unification showdowns with Billy Joe Saunders and Caleb Plant this yr. The draw back of the struggle on Saturday is apparent: Yildirim, a 21-1 underdog, has nearly no probability to win. Alvarez is ranges above the strong, however restricted Turk, who’s the obligatory challenger to the WBC title. In case you like to look at an overmatched challenger endure a one-side beating, this struggle is for you. And, hey, lots of people will likely be watching.
FIVE KEY QUESTIONS
How a lot better is Alvarez than Yildirim? Rather a lot. Yildirim is taller and naturally greater than Alvarez. In any other case, Canelo has all the benefits.
Does Yildirim have an opportunity? In fact. He can land a fortunate punch. Alvarez might get lower. Something can occur in boxing.
Is Alvarez combating once more too quickly? Uncertain. He went 12 rounds however had a simple time with Callum Smith two months in the past.
May Alvarez be overlooking Yildirim? Not an opportunity. Nobody is boxing is extra skilled than Alvarez. He takes ’em one struggle at at time.
May this be Alvarez’s largest yr? Considered one of them if he fights and beats each Billy Joe Saunders and Caleb Plant to unify all of the 168-pound titles.
WHY ALVAREZ WILL WIN
Yildirim is taller than Alvarez, as most of his opponents are. And he’s naturally considerably greater. Nonetheless, which means subsequent to nothing once you evaluate their skills and expertise. Alvarez has vital benefits throughout the board — pace, athleticism, ability, energy, ring IQ and sturdiness. Yildirim was stopped in three rounds by Chris Eubank Jr. in 2017. And the gulf in expertise is extensive: Alvarez, who turned professional at 15, has fought 414 skilled rounds, Yildirim 132. Alvarez is healthier, smarter and more durable than his opponent. Therefore the chances.
WHY YILDIRIM WILL WIN
Yildirim has confronted fighters 168 kilos or greater his total profession. He ought to have the ability to deal with Alvarez’s punches, no less than for some time. His finest wager is to field in addition to he can, land punches right here and there to forestall Alvarez from discovering his rhythm, keep away from taking an excessive amount of punishment and in some way get into the second half of the struggle. Then, maybe, Alvarez will start to tire and Yildirim can struggle extra aggressively and win rounds or damage Alvarez. This situation is very unlikely … however attainable.
Alvarez will likely be Alvarez. He’ll take his time, await openings after which pounce once they current themselves. And so they will current themselves. Yildirim is an honest boxer with some toughness however he doesn’t have the instruments to deal with what Alvarez brings. The Turk will take in the punches he takes within the early rounds however the extra that land, the extra they are going to put on him down. He may have taken an excessive amount of punishment by the eighth or ninth spherical, at which era he’ll take a ten depend or the struggle will likely be stopped by the referee or Yildirim’s nook.
Alvarez KO 9
ALSO ON THE CARD
- Julioe Cesar Martinez vs. vs. McWilliams Arroyo, flyweights (for Martinez’s WBC title)
- Zhang Zhilei vs. Jerry Forrest, heavyweights